Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hot Messes

(or, quick reviews of books I for whatever reason did not finish)

Sisters Red: An intriguing concept, but the main characters have infuriating views of just about anyone besides themselves, and there was no real external source of tension driving the narrative forward at least through the part I read. I even sought out spoilers to try to entice myself to read more, but even then, it still didn't succeed in that regard so I abandoned it. What would have made it better? A taught-er narrative with some element of unresolved mystery or drive-- I am sorry, but let's kill all the werewolves and somehow they aren't noticing the massive attrition happening in the middle of nowhere is very mysterious, in a bad way.

Once Dead, Twice Shy: Interesting world building, but the manner in which it was written just confused me. There were instances where I thought I must have missed something on a previous page. An incredibly quick read, but not a particularly interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment